The United States of America is one of the most preferred countries by many students in terms of education and lifestyle. With being the dream destination for education, the students are also aware of the fact that it isn’t a pocket-friendly deal, if not planned. The state is also conscious of the fact and provides multiple scholarships and financial aids to make the international students feel less burdened.
If you are looking forward to studying in top engineering colleges in the USA or any other program, you should thorough yourself with the scholarships that you can avail. Many consultants are there in the market who are specialising in the same domain. Students can also browse through various website’s who keep updating the financial aids and scholarships provided by the colleges and universities all over the USA.
So, amidst all this, here’s our small guide about the international scholarships for all the young aspirants. The scholarships can be divided into three bases. They are:
- Government-funded scholarships
- Non-governmental scholarships
- Specific college/university scholarships
Under government-funded scholarships, a student can apply for-
- Fulbright foreign student program– It is amongst the most popular government-funded US scholarships for international students. This scholarship offers monetary help for graduate students, young aspiring professionals and artist nature beings to study in the US for one year or more.
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program– This is a non-degree scholarship for ten months academic program and that too only for experienced professionals.
Next up are the non-governmental scholarships. Some of the popular scholarships are mentioned below:
- Abbey Road Summer Scholarship– This scholarship offers $1,000 for language and art students and $500 fellowships for summer enrichment.
- Civil Society Leadership Awards– This aid is available for students from eligible countries to study in the US at the master’s level.
- Preply Scholarship – This particular scholarship offers up to $2,000 to three of its winners. All the students are allowed to participate in the same. To participate in the students, they need to submit a 500-word essay related to online education, multilingualism, and professional development.
- Tortuga Backpacks Study Abroad Scholarship– This aid is awarded twice a year to devoted international students who are willing to study in the US. The amount of aid provided is $1,000.
Last but not least is the university-specific scholarships. Every college and university in the states has their structure of scholarships and financial aid. Students need to shortlist the universities/colleges where they aspire to study and should go through their structure of aids.
At this level, the scholarships are provided mainly on two bases. They are:
- Merit-based – Under the merit-based scholarship, a student is awarded the financial aid considering his/her past academic performance and merit listing. To be eligible for the same, a student has to be extremely consistent with his/her grades every year.
- Need-based – Need-based scholarships are for those students who lack funds for their further education in the states. To be eligible for the same, students have to show their financial need through their financial documents to the concerned authorities of the college/university.
Following the same information, here we mention you some top websites which are equipped with the knowledge of scholarships and keep updating the information as and when required.
- Scholars4dev – Scholars4dev (scholarships for development) has all the information related to international scholarships for the people of developing countries, who would like to pursue development-related fields.
- Scholarships Lab – This online platform is one of the best and most trusted sources for international scholarships. It has 800 plus international scholarships listed with millions of funds attached to it.
- Got Chosen – To be eligible for this scholarship, a student has to be a minimum of 18 years. Under this scholarship, the funds are provided to the students to meet their higher education requirements. The winner of the scholarship is selected at random by drawing method.
- American Scholarships.com – Through this website, international students can get access to the scholarships provided by the US.
- College Week Live – To apply for the scholarship, a student needs to login to CollegeWeekLive and visit three colleges that interest him/her. One lucky winner will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship every month.
So, through all these ways, students can know what all scholarships are available in the states and for which they are eligible. Apart from this, the students should also aim at planning their expenses apart from studies to maintain a balance on their pockets. Hope this piece of information is of some use to the students. Aim and get the college of your dreams through adequate research.