An Unlikely Heroes Sail The Amazon
The wild adventure of Jungle Cruise takes audiences aboard skipper Frank Wolff’s boat as the mischievous duo Lily Houghton and her brother MacGregor bring him along their journey to find The Great Tree’s Tears of The Moon flower. Legend tells of The Tears of The Moon’s healing properties that could aid in stopping all ailments, but not without a great price.
Protected by the Amazon and it’s loyal guardians, the flowers will be unreachable to the most bright-eyed expeditioners. Many long this flower only to be met with danger at every turn! Skipper Frank and his new found crewmates, Lily and MacGregor, are on their way into dangerous territory, but will their fates differ from their past adventurers?
Though Lily’s spirited soul won’t back down without a fight. She believes their journey will be different with the sacred arrow head now in their hands. The treacherous journey will test the group, and keep the audience guessing as the film dives into the escapade. Especially since they’re not alone…
The film is a lovely movie for the whole family. With bonus content (varies by product and retailer) such as Expedition Mode, Creating The Amazon, Deleted Scenes, and more, the movie’s rewatch value goes up!
Already invested? Then check out the full film on all digital platforms August 31th, or Dock the 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD into players this November 16th! Go along for the ride in Jungle Cruise, and find out how far our explorers will go!
Disney’s Jungle Cruise Bonus Features*
- Jungle Cruise Expedition Mode – Climb aboard a ramshackle tramp steamer (or your own couch) to learn fun facts, discover Easter eggs and catch some pop-up trivia throughout the movie.
- It’s A Jungle Out There: Making Jungle Cruise – Director Jaume Collet-Serra, the cast and crew discuss the importance of the film’s elements, from casting to makeup to the use of an ancient indigenous language, in creating the world that honors one of Disneyland’s most beloved rides.
- Dwayne And Emily: Undoubtedly Funny – Go on-set with the two stars, whose new-found friendship helped them project a natural onscreen chemistry. Although their characters challenge each other throughout the film, the actors make each other laugh. A lot!
- Creating The Amazon – Explore the cinematic artistry involved in creating the world of Jungle Cruise, including how Frank’s boat coursed “dangerous” water in a tank in Atlanta, how a town was built in Kauai, and how a ferocious jaguar came to life, among other amazing effects.
- Once A Skip, Always A Skip – Join a panel of “Skippers” at the Disneyland Resort as they reminisce about the rewards, challenges and surprises they’ve experienced while helming the world-famous Jungle Cruise attraction, and hear their advice to aspiring skippers everywhere!
- Outtakes – Step behind the scenes of the production to catch the cast in a series of flubs, falls, foibles — and a whole lot of laughter.
- Deleted Scenes
- MacGregor Drives The Boat
- MacGregor Water Skis
- Joachim And Nilo On The Dock
- Frank Talks To Proxima & Lily’s Nightmares
- Sub Gets Stuck
- Proxima Surprises MacGregor
- Frank Gets The Cold Shoulder
- Trader Sam And Lily Walk In The Jungle
- MacGregor And Trader Sam Say Goodbye
- Frank Makes Tea For Lily
- The Backside Of Water
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Dwayne Johnson as Frank Wolff
Emily Blunt as Lily Houghton
Edgar Ramírez as Aguirre
Jack Whitehall as MacGregor Houghton
Jesse Plemons as Prince Joachim
Paul Giamatti as Nilo
Veronica Falcón as Trader Sam
Disney’s Jungle Cruise Product Specifications
Digital: August 31
Physical: November 16
Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD
Physical: 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital Code), Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Code) & DVD
Feature Run Time:
Approx. 127 minutes
U.S. Rated PG-13
Bonus material not rated
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD: English AD 2.0 Dolby, English 5.1 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby, French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby
Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms)
4K Ultra HD: English SDH, Spanish, French-Canadian, Japanese
Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French-Canadian
DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French-Canadian
Digital: English SDH, Spanish, French (some platforms)
Don’t forget to connect with Jungle Cruise via Social Media
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Disclosure: Howdy everyone, I wanted to inform you that I was not compensated for this post. However, I did receive a product from the company below. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC guidelines.