Ok, so the chances are you’ve heard the term ‘toll-free number’ before – but what does it actually mean and, more importantly, how much does it cost to get one?
A toll-free number is a dedicated phone line with a distinct code at the beginning (e.g. 1-800, 0800, 800, etc.). Typically used by businesses for customer service departments and helplines, these are widely recognized as free to call numbers. This means, customers can reach out to you without paying a single penny whilst your business picks up the bill.
Reasons to get a toll-free number:
- Increase global collaborations – if you’re a UK-based firm but have a huge client base in the USA or anywhere else, having a toll-free number attached to your business can help customers to reach you from a long distance. It saves them being charged international rates and can boost sales. Win-win.
- Improve customer satisfaction – toll-free numbers can give businesses credibility. They show that you care about how your customers get hold of you when they have a question or query. And, the easier it is for them to reach you, the more likely they are to remain loyal customers. Incorporating your number within adverts and campaigns will help to attract prospective clients too.
- Easy to set up – setting up a toll-free number couldn’t be simpler. Most providers will quickly walk you through the process and get your number live within a couple of days (if not hours!). So, you needn’t worry about keeping your customers waiting for longer than necessary.
- No lengthy contracts – of course, it depends on the provider, but toll-free numbers often come with a short-term rental. This way, you can really test the market and decide whether it’s beneficial for your business before committing to anything long-term.
- Competitive tariffs – great for small start-ups and large multinational corporations looking to expand and boost their global footprint, these numbers are highly desirable. But – contrary to popular belief – they don’t cost the earth. Which bids the question, how much do toll-free numbers cost?
The cost of toll-free numbers
Free to dial from landlines, and some mobiles, the owner of a toll-free number incurs all costs. Paying for the call is a fantastic way to show your customers that you value their business and concerns, but you’re probably wondering how much you will pay for your toll-free number, right?
The cost depends on several factors, including:
- the provider
- where you receive calls from
- call termination – how you answer calls
- expected amount of talk time each month
- additional features
These numbers are a modest way to help your business appear more professional and established – and there are many affordable tariffs to choose from.
Take G-Tele, for instance. They offer toll-free numbers in more than 140 countries and have been providing international phone numbers to thousands of customers worldwide for the past 20 years. They provide a service that is second to none and guarantee some of the most competitive rates around – starting from as little as £10 per month. So, what are you waiting for? Take a look at their extensive range of toll-free numbers and tariffs today and find the perfect one for your business needs.