Your home’s garden is a perfect place to relax and spend time with the family. You can simply sit down and talk or have barbeques. The possibilities are endless!
However, would it be fun to add more colors to your garden to beef up its appearance? You can display more colorful flowers or make your own decors!
One great idea you can try is using champagne bottles. You can make different decorations out of champagne bottles that are extremely unordinary. To know how you can use them, we will list down champagne bottle decors you can try. So, let us know each in more detail below!
1. Bottle Plant
Never seen a bottle plant before? This one will make you! Having a bottle plant in your garden adds a festive and fun vibe. You can use colorful ones like these tinted bottles for champagne. They come in different designs and shapes that you can choose from.
To make the bottle plant, here is what you need:
- Plastic garden pot (the size of your preference)
- Thin steel rods
- Champagne bottles
- Gems (Optional)
Here is how you make it:
- Fill the pot with sand and make sure to compress it.
- Plant the rods in the sand. Keep some distance for each rod.
- Insert each planted rod into each champagne bottle. The bottle will turn upside down once the rod’s tip reaches its bottom.
- Cover the sand with colorful gems.
The rods may bend a little as they hold the bottles’ weight.
Light up your garden with these solar champagne bottle lanterns! They will look romantic in your garden. You only need two things for this project: the champagne bottles and solar cork lights.
- To start, untangle the string of lights of the cork and insert it into the bottle.
- Secure the cork in the mouth of the bottle. Make sure you position it properly.
- That’s it!
Make as many solar champagne bottle lanterns for your garden. You can even use the lantern as a centerpiece for your garden table.
3. Bottle Edge
If you want to maintain the simplicity in your home garden, then this décor idea is perfect for you! What you need are lots of champagne bottles to create the perfect edge.
- Flip each champagne bottle upside down.
- Bury it into the dirt, about half of its body.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the remaining bottles.
You can line them up to create a fun edging for your flowers.
Wanting to remove insects in your home garden? Create citronella candles! Citronella is a natural oil that comes from grass. It has the power to get rid of insects.
To make this project, you need these materials:
- Torch fluid
- 2 bags of marbles
- 1/2 inch teflon tape
- 1/2 inch by 3/8 inch copper coupling
- 1/2 torch wick
- Champagne bottle
- Citronella oil
Follow these steps:
- Pour the marbles carefully in the bottle.
- Wrap the coupling with a teflon tape, enough to fit the bottle’s mouth. Doing this will keep the coupling in place.
- Insert the torch wick into the coupling and leave about 1/2 inch to stick out. This is where you will light the candle later.
- Use the funnel to pour the torch liquid into the mouth of the bottle.
- Remove the funnel and add 3-5 drops of citronella oil.
- Insert the wick into the bottle and press the part where the teflon tape is. This is to secure that the coupling properly fits into the mouth of the bottle.
- Light the candle for use.
5. Wind Chimes
Your home garden does not need to be always silent. Add some tiny sounds to it with these wind chimes! As the wind blows, these chimes will create that soft tinkling noise. To make these champagne bottle wind chimes, secure the following:
- Champagne bottles
- Key split rings
To make this project, follow these steps:
- Cut the bottle about 3/4 of the size from the top.
- Polish the edge where you cut it with sandpaper. This makes sure the edge is smooth.
- Measure the chain based on the size of the hanging chimes you want. Cut it using a wire cutter.
- Attach the split key ring at the chain’s bottom. This will fit the neck of the bottle from the inside to hold the bottle when hung.
- Insert the other end of the chain through the bottle’s neck.
- Attach another split key ring to the top of the chain.
- Attach another chain at the bottom split key ring and attach the third split key ring.
- Secure an ornament of your choice to the third split key ring.
- Hang the wind chime using the top split key ring.
6. Hanging Champagne Bottle Planters
Looking to add hanging planters to your garden? Use champagne bottles for those! Your hanging planters will look colorful because you will use tinted ones. For this garden decor, you only need the champagne bottles, stainless steel wire, and hooks.
- Start by cutting the bottle about 3/4 of its size from the top.
- Polish the edge to smoothen its surface.
- Attach the hook on the wall of your garden.
- Turn the bottle upside down and tie it to the hook using the wire.
- Place the plant in the tied bottle.
7. Inspirational Champagne Decors
Inspire people in your home garden, whether it is a family or friend! Champagne bottles can do the job for this easily and beautifully. All you need is to style the bottles in any way you want.
You can paint them in different colors and then write a short quote on the bottle using paint. You can also cut a lace and stick it to the bottom of the bottle. Then, write a three-word quote or shorter around the neck of the bottle.
A simple as “Live your dreams,” “Never give up,” or “Have faith” is already inspirational. Place the bottle in an area where people can easily see it. The garden table’s center is a great example!
Improving your garden’s appearance is as important as enhancing your interior décor. A beautiful garden can contribute immensely to the overall look of your home. There are many champagne bottle décor ideas you can explore to improve your garden’s appearance. However, you can start with any of the list above to inspire you to be more creative with your garden.