As technology advances, one of the things that is always looking to be improved is efficiency and simplicity. Devices which are low-maintenance, easy to understand and fix, and has few issues are the ones that sell and find their place in most homes. This modern world is all about finding the easy way to do things, which is why “hacks” have become a great way to learn and simplify your life. From time-saving beauty hacks to amusing life hacks, you can find alternative ways to do things better just about anywhere. Our technology hacks are designed to save you money and time, so read on to discover the best ways to wire your home and get plugged in and connected easily!
- Don’t pay for a subscription for DVR. There are some alternative ways of getting cable or satellite TV to your home without shelling out the big bucks for a contract with a provider with upcharges and fine print. Here you can see a comprehensive list of comparisons to the leading brands for DVRs that don’t require subscriptions. Cut the fees and have an easy, commitment-free way to watch your TV.
- Your smartphone can be a projector! Instead of paying for a bulky piece of equipment, you can use household items like a magnifying glass, tape, and a shoebox! Looking online can help you find tons of tutorials and ideas on how to make your phone a DIY projector. No more replacing broken or faulty ones, either.
- Get your handwriting as a font. When writing letters, important documents, or anything else that requires your handwritten signature scanned onto the document, you can save the time and effort by visiting one of the websites out there that create a font in your handwriting available for download.
- Tennis balls help make your speakers louder. Cutting a tennis ball in half will amplify the sound of your speaks from your phone to your iPad or tablet to your computer. Instead of paying money to get a new pair of plug-in speakers, just grab an old ball and let the natural curve heighten the sound of your device.
- Do some app hunting. There are so many apps out there to download onto your mobile devices that are designed to help the user save money. Some can even make you money if you put in the time and effort! Saving catchers, coupon finders, and rewards cards for various places can save you little bits here and there and can really add up over time. It’s worth checking into! If space on your phone is an issue, start uploading things onto iCloud or Google Drive to free up more room for apps. You can do this all very easily, and you’ll be surprised just how much extra space you free up by keeping photos, audio files, and documents online. Plus, they’ll still be easily accessible.