When it comes to enjoying a good love story, I’m all in! I had a chance to view the film The Light Between Oceans over the weekend.
The story revolves around a simple message of love and forgiveness. Lighthouse keeper Tom Sherbourne (Michael Fassbender) and radiant, spirited Isabel (Alicia Vikander) live together in married bliss on a remote, rugged island off the coast of Australia. But their windswept world is turned upside down when Isabel learns that she’s unable to bear a child. One day, a drifting lifeboat washes ashore with a crying baby in it.
The dilemma the couple now face will echo far beyond the island, engulfing and irrevocably impacting their world — and that of a stranger (Rachel Weisz) — in a passionate story about love, hope, and a fateful choice. Get swept away by this stunning film, with an exclusive bonus Audio Commentary that will pull you deeper in.
The movie actually was good and had three great actors(Michael Fassbender, Alicia Vikander, Rachel Weisz). I feel it showed how some people eventually had to adjust to life, no matter how hard their situation may be. It was more of a drama film with a twist of a love story if you ask me. I don’t want to go deep into more details because I think you need to watch this one for yourself! I think they did a great job in putting this movie together, but to be honest, I was hoping for just a little more!
But if I had to rate this film based on concept I would rate it a 4 Star!
- Actors:Michael Fassbender, Alicia Vikander, Rachel Weisz, Bryan Brown, Jack Thompson
- Directors:Derek Cianfrance
- Format: AC-3, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound, Dubbed, NTSC, Subtitled, Widescreen
- Language: English (DTS-HD High Res Audio), French (Dolby Digital 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Subtitles: French, Spanish, English
- Dubbed: French, Spanish
- Region: Region A/1 (Read more about DVD/Blu-ray formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
- Number of discs: 1
Parents Strongly Cautioned
- Studio: Touchstone Home Entertainment
- DVD Release Date: January 24, 2017
Disclosure: Click Communications provided the materials listed , no compensation was received. However all opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own.