To grow your general contracting business, you need to get your business in front of prospective customers and persuade them to hire you. However, this is not the case for most contractors. Most businesses in this industry find it a big challenge to find new clients and expand their client base.
This is a big problem for these businesses since the key to having a successful general contracting business is building a steady flow of new customers. Although repeat customers are important, you need to find ways to find new clients—this ensures that you are not overly dependent on your current customers.
So, with the ever-increased competition in the marketplace, it’s important to adopt different strategies if you want to increase your client base. And while you might be using some effective methods to attract more clients, it doesn’t hurt to find new outreach avenues. With that said, let’s look at the top 4 pro tips on how contractors can get more clients.
Learn about marketing
One of the best ways to get more clients is learning all you can learn about marketing. This means that a contractor needs to know what a marketing strategy entails and how it can help grow their business. Contractors can even leverage IT for small businesses to implement digital marketing.
Marketing strategies are crucial, especially since there are so many types out there, each working best for specific businesses. Additionally, one needs to understand the different approaches to reaching out to prospective customers. With this said, here are some examples of essential marketing strategies that will give your business an edge over others in the industry:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) – SEO is an approach designed with one primary goal—to make sure that your website ranks higher on relevant search engines like Google, Bing, or Yahoo. This marketing strategy is designed to help you increase your client base because it ensures that customers looking for your services will have your website pop up on top of search engine results.
- Social media marketing – With social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn becoming more popular by the day, this method has become one of the most effective ways to reach out to new audiences. Social media marketing should be a priority for any business looking for new clients since it helps you expand your current customer base even further through increased brand awareness.
- Video marketing – One unique way businesses can get ahead of their competition is by using video marketing. There’s no doubt that this marketing method is currently growing in popularity and with good reason. This is because videos help you get your message across quickly and efficiently. Moreover, since most prospective customers find it easier to watch a video than read long articles, video marketing is viewed as an efficient way of attracting new clients.
- Content marketing – Content marketing should be part of every general contracting business’s marketing strategy. That’s because this approach focuses on helping companies to create captivating content that potential customers will gladly read or watch—all for the sake of improving brand awareness. So whether you are writing blog posts or eBooks, make sure they are written to attract more clients.
Work with a public relations company
It’s not the case for most contractors. Most businesses in this industry find it a big challenge to find new clients and expand their client base. However, working with a PR company can be one of the most impactful ways to get more clients. When you work with a reputable public relations firm, they will find new opportunities for your business by pitching your services to targeted audiences in-house or through media outlets. So when it comes to attracting new clients, hiring an outside marketing agency can be one of the best decisions you make all year long.
Participate in trade shows
The tenant build-out contractors from AFS General, Florida say that participating in trade shows is another easy way that contractors can boost their client base. These events are well known because they bring together homeowners looking for home improvement projects like remodeling and other general contracting services under one roof. So, attending them should be a priority if you want to increase your client base. Now, when it comes to exhibiting in these shows, there are a few tips that will help you get more clientele:
- Work with a trade show marketing agency – A reputable public relations company can assist in generating leads for your business by pitching your services to the attendees of the event.
- Prepare for customer objections – Trade shows are all about face-to-face interactions, so understand that some people may try to convince you they cannot afford to hire your services. That’s why preparing answers before attending such events is critical so you don’t miss out on potential clients who would have engaged your services.
- Follow up with customers after the show – Since the whole point of exhibiting in trade shows is to meet new prospects and turn them into new clients, you need to follow up with them for this purpose.
Participate in seminars and webinars
Another effective way for contracting businesses to get more clients is by participating in live seminars on general contracting topics such as remodeling and construction tips. With your expertise, knowledge, and skills combined with industry professionals, it’s easy to see why attending these events can be incredibly beneficial if you want a huge surge in your client base.