When it comes to the need for vitamins, it can be different for both men and women. While both can get essential vitamins from a balanced diet or a smart food choice, some women may also need to take vitamin supplements.
Rigorous research on the role of vitamins in the bodies of women has revealed that they assist the body in a number of functionalities in collaboration with micronutrients. Whether one talks about growth and development or the functioning of the cell, the role of vitamin is indispensable to the body, especially for women. According to a research, it was found that more than fifty percent of adults living in America take vitamin supplements to meet the nutritional needs.
Essential Vitamins for Women
The need for vitamins has changed for women with the changing times. An increasing number of women are joining the workforce at various workplaces. Keeping this in mind, it becomes all the more important for women to ensure that they provide all the necessary vitamins to their body. Especially talking about the senior age group women, it is vital for them to consume vitamin supplements to meet those additional requirements of the body. The following vitamins are believed to be of vital importance for women:
- Multivitamins: Multivitamins are supplements that are used by women which serve as a combination of various vitamins in one package. They are available in the form of tablets, powders and capsules and one can easily get it by logging in to https://www.yeswellness.com.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A improves the eyesight and skin. In addition, it is also beneficial for the development and functioning of skeletal tissue.
- Vitamin B1: Also known as thiamin, Vitamin B1 helps in breaking down body fat to release energy.
- Vitamin B2: The accumulation of free radicals in the body can be harmful to the cells. Vitamin B2 or riboflavin enhances antioxidant properties in the body which helps the body cells in dealing with free radicals.
- Vitamin B3: The deficiency of niacin can lead to heart diseases. Vitamin B3 or niacin lower the risk of developing cardiovascular complications in women.
- Vitamin B5: Vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid holds a special significance among all vitamins in connection with the health of women. Unlike other vitamins, this one is responsible for the balance of hormones in the body. It not only produces hormone but also boosts the immune system and provides the body with vital energy at the time of need.
- Vitamin B6: Myelin is a protective layer which protects cells from external agents. Vitamin B6 is responsible for the production of myelin.
- Vitamin B7: Otherwise known as biotin, Vitamin B7 is necessary for the metabolism of consumed food in the body. A high metabolic rate relates to proper digestion and normal functioning of the body. Besides, this vitamin is also essential for the health of the skin, hair and nails.
- Vitamin B9: Vitamin B9 or folate acid takes care of the functioning of the nervous system.
- Vitamin B12: Red blood cells are important to the body. Fewer RBCs can interfere with the functioning of the blood and leads to conditions such as anemia. Vitamin B12 not only aids the functioning of these cells but also looks after or nourishes these cells. Apart from red blood cells, vitamin B12 is also responsible for doing the same for nerve cells.
- Vitamin C: The growth and development of the cells in the body and the healing of wounds are taken care of by Vitamin C.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D absorbs excess calcium in the body and enables the formation of healthy bones. Besides, it also makes a positive contribution to boosting the immune system of the body.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E also lends a helping hand in improving the functioning of the immune system. Plus, it also constitutes a solid defense system against free radicals that are detrimental to the cell of the body.
- Vitamin K: Whenever the skin comes off accidentally or there is a bruise, clotting becomes important to prevent the loss of excess blood. Vitamin K helps in blood clotting.
- Choline: Choline is significant for the gut health, muscular movement and the functioning of nerve.
So, as you can see, these are a few vital vitamins that are responsible for both the physical and mental wellbeing for women. Consuming these essential vitamins can help in improving the health conditions and also keep you at pace with chronic diseases. Though women can get most of these essential vitamins by following a balanced diet, it becomes next to impossible to get all the vitamins that way. Taking supplements is your best bet to provide your body with these essential vitamins. The best part about taking supplements is that they are free from side-effects. Browse the list of popular vitamin supplements to buy the right one for you.