Skin care takes a backseat when you have children. After having finally tucked them in for the night, you rarely have the energy to do more than roll into bed yourself. Unfortunately, neglecting to remove your makeup, cleanse your face, and moisturize can lead to a host of uncomfortable and unsightly skin problems further down the line.
Here are some helpful tips tailored to busy, exhausted parents. With these 6 skin care tips, you’ll take better care of your complexion.
1) Incorporate skin care into your ‘me time’
You can dedicate a few extra minutes every day to looking after your skin by adding it to your ‘me time’. Take an extra long soak in the tub after having applied a nourishing face mask. Give your skin a good exfoliating scrub before hopping into a soothing, lukewarm shower.
2) Choose your makeup wisely
Using cheap makeup products that are full of unhealthy ingredients can lead to acne breakouts and visible skin irritation. This can often mean that you will need to dedicate even more time to your skin care routine in order to enjoy the same results.
Maintain beautiful, soft, and smooth skin by choosing higher quality makeup products instead. You can’t go wrong with vegan-friendly makeup, such as the range available online via the Milk Makeup online store.
3) Watch what you eat
The foods that you eat can have a direct and significant impact on the health of your complexion. No, we are not referring to the myth that chocolate perpetuates acne. We are talking about loading up on foods that are packed full of vitamins and antioxidants that will refresh and nourish every inch of your skin.
These foods include:
- Fish, which contains plenty of Omega-3 and Omega-6 responsible for supple, moisturized skin)
- Avocados and nuts are chockfull of healthy fats)
- Sweet potatoes, which offer large amounts of beta-carotene that helps to protect from sun damage)
Aside from cleansing thoroughly, if you do nothing else, always strive to moisturize. Moisturizing your face takes little more than a few seconds, and yet it can make the world of difference to the health of your complexion.
Do your best to moisturize both in the morning and at night just before bedtime.
5) Head to a professional
If you feel as though your skin could use a pick-me-up, there are a number of options to choose from. You may want to visit a spa and get a lavish facial – which is also certain to help ease your stress and tension.
However, if you want to take it to another level, you may also want to consider getting a liquid face lift or a chemical peel.
- A liquid face lift is performed by injecting dermal fillers into specific areas of the face to help plump it up and leave it looking healthier and more youthful.
- Chemical peels, on the other hand, are designed to brighten and purify the skin by removing the its upper layer, replacing it with the softer skin underneath. It is a wonderful solution to help get rid of hyperpigmentation, blemishes, and even minor scarring.
Dry, flaky skin can make wrinkles and fine lines much more visible. This is why it is important to exfoliate from time to time – preferably once or twice a week. It doesn’t take longer than a minute or two and will leave you feeling instantly cleansed and refreshed.
Make your own facial scrub with a bit of sugar and a spritz of lemon juice. It will smell incredible and work to effortlessly bring out your natural glow.