Christmas is a time of sharing. People will be very busy decorating their homes, filling their shopping carts with gifts and inviting family over for dinner. When it comes to buying gifts for your in-laws, you cannot just buy ordinary discount colognes or maybe some baked goodies on sale. They are one of the most important people in your life (whether you get along or not) and your partner will appreciate your time thinking about the most appropriate yet affordable presents for your in-laws.
Because there are tons of choices but only limited gifts available, we’ve narrowed down 5 gift ideas perfect for your in-laws this holiday season.
1. Magazine subscription for a year. In the age of technology, most old people are still used to reading newspapers or magazines because that’s the way of life they know. A year of magazine subscription can lessen their monthly costs on print and at the same time, they can enjoy their hobby for free for 12 months. How about Martha Stewart Living for your husband’s mom and Time Magazine for his dad?
2. Couple things. We adore couples who stay married and in love with each other until their hairs turn gray. When your in-laws are the perfect example of a happy couple, help them relieve their youthful boyfriend-girlfriend days by giving them couple things. How about some matching sweaters on Christmas Eve? Couple pillowcases? Some matching designer fragrances? You don’t have to spend much as women’s perfume and discount colognes for men like Dolce & Gabbana are affordable in Beauty Encounter.
3. Appliances and tools. While technology has made its way through older people over the years, some just don’t find these new gadgets useful in their everyday life, especially when they have already retired. Your husband’s mom will adore finding a new appliance in her kitchen. A new coffee maker? A new food processor? Or maybe a new set of baking paraphernalia. On the other hand, your husband’s dad may enjoy his new set of working tools, being the handyman in the house. Some won’t understand but these hardware tools are an old man’s toys.
4. Healthy snacks and vitamins. Nowadays, people become conscious about their health. They look for organic food and other healthier options instead of the usual food packages found in their local grocery. If your in-laws have health problems or they are advocates of healthier lifestyle, you can give them a basket of goodies and vitamins from trusted organic stores or food shops offering healthier and more natural ingredients.
5. All-expense paid trip. If you have a bigger budget to spend for your in-laws, you and your husband can buy them an all-expense paid trip. You can go for a simple 5-day vacation just outside the city or maybe outside of their state or pursue a more glamorous trip to Europe. Your in-laws might have enjoyed travelling together when they were younger before the kids were born. It’s time they rekindle their love with this free trip from you.
Christmas will always be a merry and meaningful celebration when spent with the people you love and care about. Use one of these gift ideas and surely, your in-laws will be more than pleased.