It is quite common to forget that you have air ducts or vents in your home. Life is busy and there is so much time that is spent on tidying up the house that it can be easy to forget that you need to have your air ducts cleaned every so often. It seems like it takes all of your effort to take out the trash, do the dishes, wash and put away clothes, vacuum, mop the floors, and clean the bathrooms that the air ducts very rarely make it to the priority list. The challenge with this however, is that by ignoring your air ducts, the dirt can infiltrate the air and cause health problems. This article will explain how dirty air ducts can impact your health. To learn more, be sure to visit http://denverairductcleaning.com.
- Allergies. People have sensitivities to a variety of things. Some experience allergies due to seasonal changes in the weather and pollen count in the air. Some are allergic to laundry detergent or fragrances. Others can become allergic to dust, mold spores, and pollen that can be found in the home. The most common place to find dust and debris within your home is in the air ducts. Over time your air ducts become full of dust and dirt and can make you sick if you do not get them cleaned.
- Sinus problems. If you avoid cleaning out your air ducts, it is common for your living space to be infiltrated with dust and other debris. The reason for this is that when your air ducts are filthy, the air that circulates throughout your home is filled with dust and dirt particles. These particles get into your nasal passage and lungs when you breathe in which causes inflammation in your sinuses. It is quite common for the inflammation to then turn into an infection which can be painful and exhausting.
- Asthma. If you or your family members have asthma, dust and dirt in your air ducts is a sure way to trigger an asthma attack. The best way to identify if your home is making you sick is if you experience intensified symptoms of wheezing and a tightening in your chest when you are inside your home. If this is the case, it is important to have your air ducts cleaned as soon as possible as this could likely be the problem.
- Respiratory infection. It is not uncommon for viruses, mold spores, fungi, and bacteria to grow in your air ducts in addition to housing allergens. When air passes through the ducts, the germs will then blow throughout your home. It is because of this that you may experience a respiratory infection that could be very difficult to get rid of. The best course of action is to get your air ducts cleaned as well as visiting your doctor for an evaluation.
- Flu-like illness. In addition to other health issues we have mentioned, it is not uncommon to not experience any respiratory problems but instead feel nauseous or have flu-like symptoms that just won’t quit. If you are experiencing any of these illnesses, it is a good idea to get your vents and air ducts cleaned out.
The easiest way to avoid these illnesses, is to get your air ducts cleaned regularly. Doing so will ensure that you and your family live a healthier life.