With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Jordan Garrison is a Board Certified General, Bariatric and Vascular surgeon. His work with the Metro Vein Center in Hackensack, New Jersey allows for patients to come in for treatment of their vein disease symptoms and underlying treatments.
Symptoms to Pay Attention To
Here are a few issues that may arise if you’re suffering from any kind of vein disease. If you notice any of these symptoms, it’s important to see a vein doctor or specialist as soon as possible to prevent the symptoms from worsening.
- Itching of legs, also known as pruritus
- Varicose veins or spider veins
- Swelling and aching pain that can be worse at night
Varicose and Spider Veins: Two of the Most Common Problems:
- Are abnormally enlarged veins that protrude from under the skin.
- They can sometimes be relieved by leg elevation and aerobic activity.
- These are small thread-like blood vessels near the surface of the skin.
- They’re typically red, blue, or purplish in color.
- They can cause throbbing, aching, and itchy legs.
The Solution Provided by Metro Vein Centers and Their Vein Doctors
Dr. Jordan Garrison is one of the many surgeons who understand what patients feel like when going in to see a medical professional. His process involves educating his patients on their symptoms and his treatment processes. He practices treating patients the same way he’d want to be treated if he were in their position. Here are three unique treatment options offered by vein doctors like Dr. Garrison:
Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA)-
- The procedure is about an hour-long with minor discomfort and a short recovery period.
- Insurance providers cover this course of treatment most of the time.
- The physician, like Dr. Jordan Garrison, uses ultrasound guidance to treat targeted areas for symptoms and the cause of your vein ailments.
- This 30-minute procedure injects medicated sclerosing solution into the affected veins to close them down in order to be reabsorbed into the body.
- The physician uses ultrasound to map the veins and trace the sclerosing solution.
- It clears spider veins and smaller varicose veins, but is only covered sometimes by insurance providers.
Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA)-
- This is an hour-long procedure that is almost always covered by insurance companies.
- Radiowaves are used to treat varicose veins by inserting a catheter directly into the veins.
- The treatment causes the affected veins to close down and be reabsorbed into the body much like the other treatment options.
Dr. Jordan Garrison and other doctors working with Metro Vein Centers use these procedures to treat the symptoms and the cause of vein diseases. It can be an anxiety-inducing event in anyone’s life, but with a physician like Dr. Garrison, patients are bound to feel much better being treated for any of their vein disease symptoms. Scheduling an appointment with the doctor is as easy as submitting an inquiry online or calling into the office. There’s no time like the present to take care of yourself and eradicate those varicose and spider veins.