Are you among those numerous people out there who are trying hard to lose weight, but nothing is going according to your plan and the scale is not budging. This is the story of most of our lives. We put ourselves through sheer torture by eating unappetizing looking salad and soup for a week and then go back to our former routine of hogging everything on sight, right from junk to carb-laden foods. So, the moral of the game is to choose an Indian diet chart for weight loss that is sustainable and provide you with results that last. Yes, it isn’t an instant gratification thing, “follow this diet chart for weight loss and you will lose weight in 10 days,” screams some diet plans, that promise you lucrative results but sadly the weight invariably comes back!
The main hurdle in our weight loss goals is making things unduly complicated. Instead of adding expensive superfoods to your diet chart and skipping meals. Trying to stick to a simple plan makes sense most of the time. The rewards? You will gradually lose the excess weight and keep it off in the long run. Follow simple hacks to lose weight quickly.
10 Simple Hacks for Fast Weight Loss
Remember these rules are not just for a few days, but eating right and exercising is a lifetime investment and it isn’t just a fad that lasts for a few days.
- Skipping meals is a complete no-no. Your body needs nourishment, the right amount and at the right time. Do not deprive your body of that.
- Keep a tab on the meal gaps. A three hourly gap is the ideal rule to follow. So, avoid long gaps between meal times. This affects your metabolism severely.
- Eat normal, home-cooked food, the staple you are used to eating, nothing exotic and nothing extraordinarily fancy, normal dal, chawal, and ghee or roti, ghee, and dal, if that is what you are used to eating.
- Wherever you look there should be healthy food all around. Yes, banish the junk foods from your pantry. This way there will be less temptation and hungry or otherwise you will only end up eating healthy food.
- Eat from different food groups but learn to eat in moderation.
- Serve yourself on small plates, this way your plate will look full with a small amount and you won’t overeat.
- Chew your food for 32 times, that’s the number of teeth you have. Yes, Ayurveda advice you to chew your food well, as your brain takes time to assimilate the fact that you are full, so chew on well and you will feel fuller with a small amount of food. As they say, our stomach is the size of our fist and we keep overfeeding it with enormous amounts of food, that we do not require.
- Stop eating processed foods.
- Eat more of fiber in the form of fruits and veggies.
- Eat something before you go out for a party. This will stop you from overeating on all the sumptuous food you feast your eyes upon.
Weight loss is mostly about your diet, say 80% and it is 20% about exercise. So, however much you huff and puff in the gym, you simply cannot outrun a bad diet. So, let’s focus on the diet part of it here, shall we? And we provide you with a sample diet plan that will get you closer to your weight loss goals. The first basic rule to follow is to stop having tea on an empty stomach. Believe me, that’s the unhealthiest trait to follow and once you give up on your caffeine kick first thing in the morning, you are sorted for life.
Early morning: 1 fruit of your choice + a handful of soaked raisins
Breakfast: Tea + One small bowl of poha or Two multigrain rotis with ghee with sautéed veggies.
Mid-morning: A protein drink ( a glass of sattu drink works fine ).
Lunch: 1 bowl of rice + 1 bowl dal + one bowl of sautéed veggies + chicken/ fish/ egg lightly cooked, + 1 bowl curd
Mid-evening: 1 cup of tea or coffee with handful of peanuts
Dinner: 1 bowl rice / 2 multigrain rotis + salad + 1 bowl low-fat curd +any form of protein eggs or chicken.
Week 2: Weight Loss Diet
Early morning: 10 ml amla juice + 5 to 6 soaked almonds and walnuts
Breakfast: 2 besan chilla or millet pancake / 1 bowl upma
Mid-morning: Banana + a tablespoon of peanut butter or the sattu drink
Lunch: 2 ragi roti + 1 bowl vegetable subji / non-veg subji + 1 bowl of pulses. A bowl of fresh curd.
Snack: 1 cup green tea with assorted nuts and mixed seeds, keep at a handful.
Dinner: 1 bowl vegetable pulao and chicken + 1 bowl vegetable raita. (You can always replace the rice with roti and vice versa)
Early morning: vegetable smoothie (you can always have veggie juices but not fruit juices) + 1 fruit of your choice
Breakfast: 2 idlis and sambhar / 2 veggie or paneer stuffed parantha with pickle and curd.
Mid-morning: 1 fruit of your choice with almond butter/ a whey protein drink (if you are into strength training)
Lunch: 1 bowl of millets khichri + 1 bowl veg or non-veg subji of choice + I teaspoon of homemade pickle
Snack: Sesame chikki or coconut flakes with jaggery. (Keep the amount to small, 1-2 chikkis and coconut flakes one small bowl)
Dinner: 2 jowar rotis with a tablespoon of ghee + 1 bowl of non-veg dish, egg, fish or chicken + 1 bowl dal + 1 bowl curd
Early morning: 10 ml wheatgrass juice + 3-4 soaked walnut and watermelon seeds.
Breakfast: 2 spinach paranthas + 1 bowl low-fat curd / barley porridge.
Mid-morning: Sprouts salad.
Lunch: 1 bowl amaranth khichdi + 1 bowl mixed sautéed veggies / 2 multigrain roti + 1 bowl of lightly cooked egg/ chicken/fish dish, one bowl of curd.
Snack: corn salad + 1 cup coffee or green tea.
Dinner: 2 jowar or bajra roti/ a bowl of local rice + 1 non-veg subji or dal of your choice
Try and wrap up dinner three hours before you hit the sack and sleep for at least 7 – 8 hours. A good 8 hours of sleep is a pre-requisite for sustainable weight loss.
So, you see, weight loss is possible, with easy to follow hacks and three main pillars of weight loss, that is, eat right, move more and sleep adequately. Besides, all of the above hacks ensure that you beat the stress, stress levels push your cortisol levels to an all-time high jeopardizing your weight loss efforts. Yoga and Pranayama help you in this regard, helping you destress and enabling weight loss. Now, is the time to start your weight loss journey armed with these fool-proof hacks. Best of luck!