For most people, all spas are the same. They offer the same services and produce the same results. But this is not entirely true. There are, of course, differences in quality and costs from one spa to the other. Aside from that, there is a lot more that sets one spa from the other—one that significantly impacts the skincare services you get. In this article we’ll discuss the differences between a day spa and a medical spa, like Med Spa Lakeland.
Day Spas and Med Spas: Same but Different
When people talk about spas, they usually think of what is more commonly known as a day spa. Day spas are places that make you feel relaxed and lift your mood. You go there for facials, massages, pedicures, and manicures. There are even some exotic day spas where you can bathe in mineral-rich thermal springs or enjoy a mud bath.
Regardless of what services you get there, the main idea is that you leave the place feeling absolutely better and much more relaxed. Day spas serves a good purpose and it can be worth your while to take a trip there once or twice a month. There is no doubt that getting a massage relaxes you, and that you end up looking and feeling better after a visit to a day spa. But if your main goal is to receive lasting healing and skin beautification, you’re better off going to a medical spa like Med Spa Lakeland.
Medical spas, or med spas, are quite different from a day spa in one important area. Although med spas also offer all the luxurious amenities day spas also offer, they also include a wide range of non-invasive medical treatments and services in the mix.
Any spa or facility that considers itself a medical spa are usually staffed with medical professionals along with licensed masseurs, aestheticians, and other experts. This is the one thing that makes med spas a whole lot better than day spas—hiring licensed, well-trained, and skilled staff makes a huge difference in the kind of services you receive.
Because med spas hire licensed medical professionals on staff, they are able to provide services such as dermabrasion, phototherapy, chemical peels, and other skincare services that you cannot get from a regular day spa because of their lack of medically trained staff.
The idea employed by med spas is to use medically sound, non-invasive, science-based treatments to give patients better looking skin, while they enjoy the benefits of a spa-like experience.
It’s important to note that a medical spa isn’t the same as a medical clinic or hospital. Although med spas can provide you with many different effective, non-invasive medical treatments, there are limitations on what they can offer. If you are looking to get plastic surgery treatments any time soon, the medical spa will usually refer you to a specialist that can handle this kind of job.
Understanding Medical Spas
We all know what spas are, and we’ve probably heard of medical offices as well. However, not everyone is familiar with or understands the concept behind medical spas. Medical spas, like Med Spa Lakeland, skillfully combines the benefits of a spa and a medical clinic to provide effective treatments to patients while they relax. Many medical spas have been popping up lately thanks to technological advancements in medical and spa treatments. The more you learn about these types of facilities, the more you’re likely to book an appointment and visit one!
Medical spas are, no doubt, spa. However, there are a few things that set it apart from your usual run-of-the-mill spa. Below are 5 things you need to know about med spas:
- Services –with Med Spa Lakeland, you’re going to get only the best and most advanced treatments on the market. They also offer a much more extensive variety of treatments compared to regular spas. They can provide you with the services you can get from a regular spa, but they can also elevate your experience and offer more advanced and effective medical treatments as well.
- Pricing –contrary to popular belief, med spa services are actually more affordable than you think. However, people assume that you pay more for their services just because they offer more advanced treatments. It’s better if you visit one and see for yourself if the treatments and services offered are affordable or not.
- Results –if you want to get the best results for your skincare treatments, you’ll find it quite more beneficial to visit a medical spa. Since med spas offer treatments that are more medically based, you’ll be sure to get better results compared to what a regular day spa offers. If it’s value for money you want, you won’t go wrong with Med Spa Lakeland.
- Certification and Licenses –med spas are usually managed and supervised by board certified doctors and physicians. Unlike day spas that can be overseen by just about anyone, you get more assurance when you know that only certified doctors oversee your treatments. You know you’re only going to get the best medical treatments and outcomes from a med spa.
- Atmosphere –med spas combine top-notch medical skincare treatments with a relaxing atmosphere. Their approach to skincare and health services is that they want to make sure their customers are comfortable and pampered, and that they will love the results of the treatments they receive.
The way med spas combine medical research and spa treatments together is one of the reasons why they are growing in popularity. It’s almost impossible to find a place where you can receive safe and effective medical and spa services the way med spas can. As technology continues to expand and more people become informed about different skincare treatments, you’ll see more and more med spas appear in many parts of the world.
Med Spa Lakeland promises to only give the best skincare and spa services and ambiance to its customers. You’ll get the results you want at budget friendly rates! Check out local med spas near you today and experience for yourself how they are different from regular day spas.