I am not sure about all colleges, but I do know the SUNY that my daughter goes to does not allow microwaves or coffee pots in their dorm rooms. BUT they allow the iCoffee (single serve type appliances). When it arrived my daughter was so excited that she texted her roommate. It was then I became even more awesome than I was before. [insert smile]
The girl’s love that they can use it for hot water, loose tea, loose coffee, or k-cups. You aren’t limited to one brand of k-cups. The large reservoir allows the user to not have to be always filling it up, which is a time saver.
The iCoffee has many neat features that other competitive brands do not offer yet:
- Adjustable brew strength
- Bonus iCup reusable cup for brewing your own coffee
- 6-count variety coffee pod starter pack
- SpinbrewTM technology steams, spins and stirs inside the K-style cup to virtually eliminate acidic and bitter aftertaste
- Works with all single-serve style cups including K-Cup®, OneCupTM, and RealCupTM capsules, plus K-style cups from every private label brand and maker
- Not compatible with K-Carafe® packs
- Removable drip tray allows for travel mug
- Brews up to a 12 oz. size mug of coffee
- 75 oz. removable water reservoir
- Dial-a-BrewTM feature lets you select a size from 4 to 12 oz. in 1/2 oz. increments
- Auto shut-off control and energy saver mode
- Plastic exterior Wipe clean exterior
- Measures 13” L x 10” W x 13” H
This is not only a great ‘going to college’ gift, it would also make an awesome Holiday gift for college kids that do not have anything like this, grandparents that may not need a full pot of coffee each day or a single person.
Visit iCoffee on their Social Media:
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. However, I did receive a product from the company below and the opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC guidelines.