With your kids out of school for the summer, it’s time to start planning your next vacation. Taking a trip is an excellent way to bond with your family and create lasting memories! Here are some summer vacation ideas to consider.
1. Go to Disney World
Disney has something for everyone, from rides to character dinners. If you’re a roller coaster fan, then consider checking out the Rockin ‘n’ Roller Coaster. If you want a calmer ride, consider Soarin Around the World. The ride takes you on a virtual journey through the sky, seeing sights like the Great Wall of China.
When you need a break from the rides, the park also offers shows and parades. Your kids will love seeing their favorite Disney characters come to life.
Remember to maintain safety precautions while inside the theme park.
Here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
- Follow all park rules
- Respect Height and weight guidelines
- Observe rides first
- Watch your kid at all times
- Establish meeting places
2. Take a Trip to the Outer Banks
This trip is perfect for those who love the beach. Located in North Carolina the Outer bank links together a stretch of barrier islands. You kids can play in the sand or splash around in the water. Your whole family can climb up the lighthouse along the coast. You could also learn about naval history at the Atlantic Museum.
Here are some other popular attractions to consider checking out:
- Jockey Ridge State Park
- Wright Brother National Memorial
- Jennette’s Pier
- Roanoke Island Festival Park
- Elizabethan Gardens
3. Head to the Florida Keys
Are you looking for a tropical getaway? Then look no further. Your family can snorkel with the dolphins or fish along the reef.
Here are some other places to consider checking out:
- Duval Street: Here, you can find an assortment of shops, galleries, and cafes. It is also home to the historic Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum.
- Bahia State Park: This place is home to two beautiful beaches. It offers snorkeling boat tours, beach equipment rentals, and concessions.
- Dry Tortugas National Park: It is located on the waters of the Gulf of Mexico. This is a popular spot for snorkelers and divers who like to see coral, seagrass, and shipwrecks.
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park: This place is perfect for viewing diverse marine life and old shipwrecks. Picnic areas and information centers provide facts about the marine environment.
- Mallory Square: It is known for its nightly sunset celebration. Vendors and entertainers gather together to create a festive atmosphere.
4. Check Out Branson, MO
This place offers live entertainment for the whole family. Check out their live music, comedy, or magic shows. If you’re seeking some thrill, head to Branson’s water parks, go-kart tracks, or simulated wind tunnel. For fans of roller coasters, check out their 1880’s themed amusement park, Silver Dollar.
Also, consider looking into Table Rock lake. For an adventure, you can zipline through the trees taking in the scenic views. When ziplining, you want to make sure you and your family are staying safe.
Here are some zip line safety guidelines to keep in mind:
- Do a background check on the operator
- Examine the equipment and course beforehand
- Listen to all instructions carefully
- Be mindful of your step
- Know your limits
If you’re feeling relaxed, then you can just swim around the docks.
5. Visit Lancaster
Lancaster is known for its Amish culture. You can explore this culture firsthand. Observe the horse and buggies riding around or check out local shops. If you’re looking for something to eat, Lancaster offers many dining options. If your family’s in the mood for a frozen treat, check out Fox Meadows. If you need a morning pick me up, stop by Twin Valley Coffee.
Here are some other activities to keep your family busy:
- Lancaster Central Market
- The Amish Farm House
- Futon Theater
- Dutch Wonderland
- American Music Theater
5. Hike at Yellowstone National Park
The park is a great way to get your family active. It offers scenic views and the chance to see wildlife up close. The park is home to grazing bison, bears, and elk.
Here are some trials you should consider checking out:
- Upper Geyser Basin Boardwalk
- Mammoth Hot Springs
- Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
- Midway Geyser Basin
- Mount Washburn
The park also offers a junior ranger program for your younger children. The program allows them to learn about the natural wonders of the park. Instead of heading home, consider pitching a tent. You can spend the night roasting marshmallows and gazing at the stars.
6. Explore Niagara Falls
Check out the stunning views of this classic family vacation destination. You will just need to remember to bring a poncho. Consider taking the Maid of Mist boat tour to see the falls up close. This is also a perfect opportunity for a photo opt.
Here are some other places to check out around Niagara falls:
- Goat Island Cave of Winds
- Whirlpool Rapids
- Aquarium of Niagara
- Castellani Art Museum of Niagara University:
- Old Fort Niagara
Fun Family Trips to Take This Summer
Summer is the perfect time for family bonding! Deciding where you want to go can be a little stressful. Here are some vacation ideas that the whole family will enjoy.