First, make sure that you apply all already existing ecommerce trends recommendations: segmented the market and focused on priority segments, rebuilt from competitors using positioning and UTP, not trying to sell ‘head on’ but use a competent system: you know what excites potential buyers at each of the stages of readiness for a deal, answer questions and smoothly lead them to the decision to buy.
Are those done for your ecommerce marketing platform?
Now we offer to look back at the West e commerce ad and adopt B2B marketing trends for 2019 concerning e commerce ads and more:
- Community. Create a community for people who are potentially interested in your product. Answer their questions, help solve problems, and only occasionally include advertising component in the posts. By purchasing, these people can become “brand advocates” and attract new clients for you.
- Video content. YouTube today is the second most popular social media platform after Facebook, and the stories on Instagram are as popular as the posts. You can do product reviews, training materials for clients, record reviews, film the product’s creation process, organize live question and answer sessions. Anything, as long as the material is of high quality and “hooks” on the audience. Experts also announce 2019 as the year of vertical video, as the optimal format for Facebook and Instagram. People do not like to turn the phone in their hands, trying to watch a horizontal video – make them comfortable.
- Automation. For example, chat bots can be used to answer frequently asked questions, “warm-up” leads, solve typical problems. They will not help where thoughtful analysis is required but they will relieve your staff and relieve them from the tedious routine.
- Strategy. Do not work without a strategic marketing plan that includes market research and competitor analysis. Following the results of the research, conduct a SWOT analysisto determine your problems. Without an understanding of the current market situation, you risk the future of the product. And your money.
- Outsourcing. It is expensive to maintain a full-fledged marketing department, and hiring a “broad specialist” is not effective as he or she will not be able to cope with all tasks equally well. In the US, 63% of B2B companies (mostly small and medium businesses) use the services of marketing agencies.
- Marketing budget. In the West, it is customary to allocate at least 10% and use them primarily for the development and improvement of websites, Internet marketing and participation in events.
- Artificial intelligence. It is already actively used to determine the parameters of promising leads. A database is taken with the data of the existing clients of the company, and with the help of AI, a list of their common features is compiled. Previously, such work would take days and weeks.
- Site optimization. Researchers predict, for example, that in 2019 the number of users who prefer voice search will increase. For it to work correctly, you will need to make a list of frequently asked questions and add a section with answers to them.
- Leaders of opinion. Connect opinion leaders popular in your city or region. Make a list of popular blogs, pages, groups and channels on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and on other platforms, watch their audience, and then offer collaboration in one format or another.
- Content. Take care of the quality of the content that you share with the audience. In 2019, the emphasis will shift from quantity to quality — users are tired, they have something like “banner blindness” only in relation to articles and letters. Make sure that every text you write is important for the representatives of your target region: it answers their questions, gives them solutions for problems, helps do something faster, easier, or at a lower cost. Such an approach will surely pay off.
We wish you a productive year!