Flashlight manufacturers know how important flashlight has become since it was first invented. Whether it be a power cut-off, handling a tactical situation, or a car breakdown in the middle of the night, they know the first thing we look for is the flashlight.
Taking into consideration the needs of customers, the technology of a flashlight has advanced a lot in recent years. Compared to old models, modern flashlights are more durable, compact, and produce more light.
Today’s customers focus more on high lumen flashlights. That’s the reason 1000 lumens, which were considered to be the brightest decade ago are no longer considered bright today.
Things That Determine the Brightness
The three things that determine the brightness of a flashlight are the LED, battery, and reflector.
Before you proceed, understand that you don’t need a 100,000-lumen flashlight for daily use. A 1000-lumen flashlight is more than enough for mostly all types of activities, be it hiking, self-defense, tactical situations, or daily use.
- LED – The LED you to see in a flashlight is what actually controls the brightness. The more LED your flashlight has the more light it can produce.
- Battery – The battery is another factor. The more watts a battery is able to supply, the brighter will be the lumen produced by a flashlight. If you’re looking for a high-lumen flashlight, always go for flashlights that are powered by Li-ion batteries rather than Alkaline or ni-Mh batteries.
- Reflector – The role of the reflector is to align the light. It doesn’t matter how many LEDs a flashlight has or how strong the battery is, a reflector can make a flashlight beam more or less intense.
3 High Lumen Flashlights from Olight
Olight is one of the leading flashlight manufacturers in the market. They produce all sorts of flashlights as per the demand and needs of the customers.
- Baton 3 EDC Flashlight – Baton 3 is the upgraded version of the previous S1R Baton II. This high-lumen flashlight is best used for hiking and camping. It has a maximum of 1200 lumens and a 166-meter beam distance.
- Warrior 3S Tactical Flashlight– If you need a brighter flashlight, go for Warrior 3S. It delivers up to 2,300-lumens of output and can be best used for hiking, camping, self-defense, and law enforcement!
- Seeker 3 Pro – Want more light? Seeker 3 Pro delivers amazingly bright 4,200 lumens. This high-lumen flashlight is an ultra-bright floodlight flashlight, great for outdoor activities.
How Bright Should be Flashlights?
For normal use, for hiking and camping a flashlight with a lumen of 300 to 700 will do the work. For self-defense and law enforcement personal, 1000 and up is recommended.
There is no restriction on how bright your flashlight should be but please remember that you get what you pay for.