With such overwhelming choice of gifts for boys, there is something for every boy whatever their age or the occasion. Many parents now purchase electronic gifts which can have the negative impact of rooting the kids inside for hours on end; unfortunately there are more children staying in to play computer games, play on iPhones and iPads. Obviously this has to have a negative impact on not only communication skills but social skills also.
Not many children in general are now playing out with their friends, its more a case of lets talk online whilst playing a computer game. So why not buy gifts for boys that will help to get them out of the house or to do an activity that is different.
What Gifts to Buy for Boys
Whether you’re a parent or relative, why not buy a gift that is a little different or unique and may help get your boy outside into the fresh air either with you or his friends. Below are a few gift ideas for boys aged under 12: –
- Weird Science Lab – get your boy this unique, fun and novel gift; any boy aged 6+ would love this gift as they can create their own fart experiment and would be perfect for doing with friends or family
- Happy Hopperz – a large bouncy and soft hopper that boys can have lots of fun on with friends and family in the garden or at the park
- Plop Trumps – the name says it all and boys would love to add this to their collection of toys and things to do. The aim of the game/activity is to trump the other players with the cards and the facts that are on the cards. Telegraph rated this as one of the top games for kids in 2011
- Garden Butterfly Kit – this is an insect kit for kids and is perfect for getting boys outside and doing something that is educational and practical. Watch caterpillars turn into butterflies!
- Science Tricks Kit – this science kit is magic and educational; a great gift for boys aged 8+
- Make your own Volcano Kit – a really fun, educational volcano making kit by making a 9.5cm tall volcano made from mud and plaster that can then be decorated to look like lava or landscape. To make the volcano erupt, just add baking powder and vinegar and watch the ‘lava’ flow.
- Kid’s gardening tools – yes, that’s right, you probably think that kids and gardening do not mix, but that isn’t true. There are so many fun gardening tools designed for kid’s to play with and what better way to get them into the garden in the summer.
- Table Flick Ball – this is a great present for kid’s to play with whether indoors or outdoors – kid’s can spend hours playing with this table flick ball toy.
- Space and Alien sound machine – every boy’s dream to have a sound machine that makes out of space noises and is a real novelty toy. Noises include; UFO’s, aliens, spaceships and more!
All of the above gifts for boys are different and unique gift ideas for boys as opposed to the normal, everyday present like new phones, computer games and so on. These can all be found on the Internet or maybe in-store on high streets across the UK.
With many children now staying at home during the school holidays, there are some fantastic gift ideas for boys that could just get them up and out of the house!
Lisa is a specialist when it comes to helping and advising customers choose the ideal gifts for boys.