Back in 1900 on the north edge of Baton Rouge, a man named Cap Saurage enjoyed providing his neighbors and friends with their groceries as well as great coffee. This started over a century ago the brand “Community Coffee” as we know it today.
When they hit the year 1919, he had discovered a secret blend that was richer, bolder and smoother than any coffee around. He named his popular coffee “Community Coffee” to honor his friends and neighbors. It was a coffee for his community. I think this is such a great story, to know their family has a legacy in such a wonderful business.
Community Coffee has various blends of coffee in bags, K-Cups and even tea. They have a variety of ground coffee blends such as Holiday Jazz, Louisianna Blend, Ground Golden Caramel in the bag style and more. In the K-Cups you can get Southern Bread Pudding, Pumpkin Praline, House Blend, Cafe Special Blend and other flavors. Their tea comes in pods, tea bags as well as iced tea. So you can drink tea if you are not a coffee drinker.
Besides the great coffee (I love coffee), I am so impressed with their Military Match program. What is the Military Match Program? I am glad you asked.
HOW IT WORKS
BUY 4 – Buy your favorite Military Match Set of four 12 oz., 16 oz., or Single-Serve 18 ct. coffees.
GET 4 FREE – We’ll match your purchase with an additional four items, and send all eight items to the APO/FPO or military base address you provide.
A FREE MUG! – We’ll even include our Signature Military Mug with your shipment.
I have really enjoyed the coffee I received for me to review. Like I said I love coffee, so I always enjoy the opportunity to try a new brand. This is definitely one you will want to try. Also, this would make great, affordable gifts for friends and family, especially for your coffee lovers.
Community Coffee has been wonderful enough to give us a tasty recipe to include, and it is delicious!
Image Provided by Community Coffee
Holiday Coffee Granita
Serves: 4-6 people / Prep: 10 minutes
- 2 cups Community® coffee (any flavor)
- 12 cups simmering water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 bottle Irish Cream Liqueur
- Place all Community® coffee into a 12-cup coffee press.
- Add water. Allow to steep 4 minutes, plunge, then set aside.
- Heat Community® coffee and sugar over medium-low heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Carefully pour mixture into a heat-resistant container.
- Freeze mixture for 4-5 hours.
- Using a fork, scrape granita vigorously every hour to form icy flakes. It is very important to make sure the mixture does not freeze completely.
- Pour chilled Irish cream liquor into a small glass and top with the shaved coffee ice.
- Top with a festive orange twist or sprig of mint.
Follow them on their Social Media to get information on their latest flavors.