Sometimes, you just need the desk that works. While you’re working all day, you need your desk to step in and do a little work for you. That’s where the Autonomous SmartDesk 2 – Home Office desk comes into play! This desk can be any type of desk that you need. With its 4 programmable height settings features to give you the ability to set desk heights with the press of the s button, you can literally perform 4 different job functions from the same workspace, and switching between them is as easy as pushing a button.
- Setting up the desk was fairly easy. While the instructions suggested two people to set up, I was comfortably able to set the desk up alone and without too much of a hassle.
- There were not many pieces to put together for the smart desk and you only needed one tool outside of the two tools provided outside of the box; a phillips screwdriver.
- The SmartDesk 2 is made of extremely high quality steel and features a smooth, silent dual motor system capable of lifting up to 300 lbs at the press of a button. Most of the time when the assembly is as easy as this was there is a sacrifice in how a product is made. That is not a concern in this case.
- Quiet height adjustments. I’ve used a few other adjustable desks for working and the movement was a loud, annoying, sound for every adjustment. I was able to adjust my smart desk in the middle of the night without waking anyone in my home.
- The preset height adjustment settings make this desk an option that stands out from the others. The desk comes with 4 different preset buttons that can be saved based on the perfect height for multiple activities. You can go from the lowest to the highest settings with just a single push of a button. Having many different uses for the desk makes this feature my favorite about the desk and makes the desk my favorite of its kind! This is truly a smart desk.
- After completing the assembly and standing the desk right-side up you can attest to the sturdiness and smoothness of the surface of the desk.
- The size of the surface of the desk is amazing. I was able to get everything set up on the desk that was previously on a multi-tiered stand that was being used prior to getting the desk. The amount of space is so great because it seems like for a desk that takes up less space than the stand, I am able to work much more comfortably.
- During the final step of putting the desk together where you have to screw the foundation to the desktop, the 4 screw holes in the middle of my desk were not aligned with the foundation. I tried screwing in the foundation starting with the left, starting with the right, starting with one on the left and one on the right and was still unsuccessful in getting the holes to line up. The desk is still VERY sturdy even without the 4 screws in the middle and I am still very happy with the desk.
- The instructions don’t tell you how to set the smart desk options. Luckily I was able to find a YouTube video that walked me through step by step.
The biggest issue that I faced before receiving my smart desk was the limited amount of space in my room. Having to stack boxes and computer stands in order to make my screen the perfect height for the task at hand. I yearned for the perfect standing desk for a small workplace. This desk was the answer that I’ve been looking for so long. The saved preset options allow me to move from one position to the other with the press of a button and are easily set by holding down the M button and then pressing a number for the desired height.
The price of this adjustable standing desk makes the deal that much sweeter! Compared to other DIY standing desks, this desk comes in on the lower end of the pay spectrum and offers more with smart settings! At only $379.00, I believe it is a no-brainer which standing desk would be the most beneficial financially and ergonomically.
The delivery of the smart desk will be done in two boxes. One of which will have all the tools for the foundation and the screws to put the entire desk together. The other box will arrive with just the surface in the box and padding to protect the smooth finish of the desk.
Depending on your living space, you may need assistance carrying in the boxes. Also, you may want to assemble the desk in a space bigger than your work area if you lack space, to begin with, like my situation. Assembly will be difficult in a tight space so save yourself the headache. There will be 1 additional screw of each type, don’t be alarmed like I was because I began to think that I missed steps. This is by design.
In conclusion, if you are the victim of a small workspace but have the need to constantly adjust your workstation, the Autonomous Smart Desk 2 is the adjustable, standing desk for you.
For the low price of $379.00, you can enjoy a high quality, easily assembled, affordable, smart desk to make your workspace start to work for you. The 4 presets make it as easy to switch between desired desk heights as pushing a button. The only requirement for assembly is a one-man crew and a philip screwdriver.
For the times you need to sit and write that long email or the times you have to stand and deliver the energetic message in a virtual meeting, Autonomous has you covered! Unlock the ease, comfort, and possibilities that your workspace has to offer by adding the Smart Desk 2. Enjoy the new way to engage in your work, I know for myself I am enjoying and loving every minute of my new Smart Desk 2 by Autonomous!
Disclosure: Howdy everyone, I just wanted to inform you that I was compensated with a sample from Smart Desk 2 by Autonomous! However, the opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC guidelines.