"This could happen to your child"


Hi Everyone,

I felt the need to write about something many of you may or may not have ever heard of before, let a long, thought it could happen. Just recently I saw a story about a young child who was burned due to her putting her moms USB Cable Cord in her mouth.

This pretty little girl was just like any average young child, walking, running and playing around the house. Her mom was at the table working with her laptop and left with one end of the USB Cord still connected hanging off the table. To her surprise, the child crawled over to her laptop and put the USB Cord right in her mouth….YIKES!!

The poor child has suffered 3rd degree burns to her mouth, lips and tongue. She is in critical condition.Her tongue is so swollen it’s hard for her to breath or eat.

Many people may say,the USB Cord don’t carry enough voltage to cause that kind of burns. I really don’t know and I’m not looking to find out. However I have seen something similar to this before with nursing in the childrens unit! I believe what the child did was take the USB plug out and the surge of voltage was still active. You must understand a child’s body,skin is so sensitive!!

I say to every parent, make sure all cords are away from children. Take the time to put away all cords properly so this won’t happen to any other child. Whether the mom was watching her or not as parents these type of accidents can be avoided if you use the right protocol with the use of all electricity cords.

When finished with your Laptop or any USB Cord or for that matter any cord, Please, Please, take a moment to secure the cord away from the kids. I hope and pray that this child gets better soon, even though I know she will have a long way to go for recovery (mind, body) !!!

A CaringMom

LisaLisa

My name is Lisa and my husband Carl, and I are the owners of the Night Helper Blog. We have been married for over 30 years and we have three awesome children, plus four adorable very active grandkids. From time to time they too are contributors to the Night Helper Blog. We enjoy reading, listening to music, entertaining, travel, movies and of course blogging. The Night Helper blog was created in 2008. Since then we have been blessed to partner with many well-known Brands like Best Buy, Fisher Price, Toys "R" US., Hasbro, Disney, Teleflora, ClearCorrect, Radio Shack, VTech, KIA Motor, MAZDA and many other great brands.

24 thoughts on “"This could happen to your child"

  • April 12, 2010 at 7:33 pm
    Permalink

    Ouch! I’ve never heard that before! So scary! I’m glad my kids are past the “mouthing” phase… However one of the dogs isn’t… I’ll keep that in mind.

    Reply
  • April 4, 2010 at 8:10 pm
    Permalink

    How tragic! That is pretty scary! Come to think of it, I almost always have my camera cord stuck into my computer without being attached to my camera unless I’m going to upload a photo here and there. Thanks for the warning. My kids aren’t usually interested in it, but it makes me think and I can never be too careful when it comes to my kids. Thanks!

    And THANKS for dropping by to follow and entering the drawing/giveaway at my blog! Good luck!

    Reply
  • April 1, 2010 at 3:46 am
    Permalink

    裸體寫真全裸美女圖片色情訊息黃色圖片自拍裸體圖片sex裸露圖片18限85cc a片台灣色情網站免費色情圖一夜激情聊天情色聊天室限制級爆乳女優作愛巨乳學院性愛情慾陰脣一夜情下體網愛聊天鹹濕做愛自拍成人圖庫成人影城性關係視訊情人性影片觀賞裸照淫美成人論壇av寫真自拍裸女貼圖av圖情色性愛貼圖成人vcdsexy辣妹視訊聊天色情視訊淫婦台灣情色論壇丁字褲貼圖免費a片影片淫蕩女人live show男女做愛火辣妹妹激情網愛聊天美女裸照免費色情網站

    Reply
  • March 30, 2010 at 6:54 pm
    Permalink

    Great advice. While my two don’t put everything in their mouths any more I do remember those days. I’ll be sure to pass the info along to others.

    Reply
  • March 30, 2010 at 1:38 pm
    Permalink

    Oh, my goodness! The dangers of technology are very real. One of my cats was electrocuted once (she survived) by chewing on the Christmas lights. Kids put so many things in their mouths, don’t they? SITS sent me by, and I’m glad they did!

    Spring Break Siesta

    Reply
  • March 26, 2010 at 1:25 am
    Permalink

    I had no idea of this happening~ great information. Just when you think you have heard it all, there’s something new to be learned! Your blog is very nice….Thanks for stopping by mine, as well!

    Reply
  • March 25, 2010 at 5:10 pm
    Permalink

    Hi Again, Just want to say thank you for your comment and I will follow you too.
    I am glad for your post…hope this gets the message out.

    Reply
  • March 25, 2010 at 12:23 pm
    Permalink

    Hi, Stopping by from SITS. I am so glad you posted this one. More people should realize this could happen…Have to consider this when baby proofing their house.

    Reply
  • March 25, 2010 at 12:16 pm
    Permalink

    yikes. I wouldn’t have thought they were that dangerous!

    We still have our computer locked up in our bedroom so the kids don’t mess with it.

    Reply
  • March 24, 2010 at 6:46 pm
    Permalink

    Very good warning. Our lives are full of cords and cables these days.

    Reply
  • March 24, 2010 at 7:06 pm
    Permalink

    lisa 🙂 hugs…i am following all my blogs privately now, wanted to let you know that is why my avatar will not show openly in the google reader. i am continuing to deal with a nasty stalking issue, and so i must take this action, rest assured, i am here … 🙂 love ya.

    Reply
  • March 24, 2010 at 6:27 am
    Permalink

    Tanks for stopping by my blog!

    This is good info!

    Reply
  • March 22, 2010 at 8:28 pm
    Permalink

    Oh Lisa thanks for that warning my goodness that is just awful and very scary–I saw your wonderful ”child- helping- loving, etc comment”
    over at the MUSE and had to come meet and thank you for your love of children -I too feel that way and love how you put it into words..
    big hugs,patty

    Reply
  • March 22, 2010 at 4:08 pm
    Permalink

    What a sad story! thanks for sharing, it’s scary, because sometimes you don’t think about it at the time…and don’t really think how much voltage there actually is!

    Reply
  • March 21, 2010 at 9:08 pm
    Permalink

    I am glad you wrote this post. It is not something that I would have thought about! Thanks always for all of your useful information.

    Reply
  • March 21, 2010 at 6:16 pm
    Permalink

    Thanks so much for this post! I leave my laptop on the kitchen table every once in awhile…a good reminder about keeping my stuff out of reach. Thank you for the visit. 🙂

    Reply
  • March 21, 2010 at 7:28 am
    Permalink

    OMG! I never thought about a child putting a USB cord into its mouth. But it could easily happen. What a tragedy for that little girl. I’m going to share this with every parent and grandparent I know.

    Thanks!

    Sandy

    Reply
  • March 20, 2010 at 7:18 pm
    Permalink

    Us parents sure do have to be on our toes. Every bit of information helps us to make a safer environment for our children. Thank you for sharing. I hope you’re feeling better. 🙂

    Reply
  • March 19, 2010 at 11:51 pm
    Permalink

    Hey Lisa!! Wow, you’ve really done up your blog!!! Such a cute header! I love it!! Thanks so much for the LOVE by stopping by our blog! I just adore it when I get a message from you. XOXO

    Hope you’re feeling better and boy, I had no idea you could get shocked so badly just from a USB cord! Eeek, I hope that little girl is okay.

    Sending love your way!! Mwah!

    Reply
  • March 19, 2010 at 4:17 am
    Permalink

    Good advice. Thanks for visiting my blog…we all can use that bloggy love!

    Reply
  • March 18, 2010 at 2:04 pm
    Permalink

    Happy that you are feeling better :)And delighted to get your good well wishes for the kid’s wedding 🙂

    Oh my, about your post! never even dreamed!!! The world is such a scary place with hidden little things that could hurt our young ones…so appreciate this insight!! 🙂
    Praying for that little one…

    Reply
  • March 18, 2010 at 1:18 am
    Permalink

    I hadn’t really thought about this. Thanks for the heads up!

    Reply
  • March 17, 2010 at 5:34 pm
    Permalink

    Hi just popping in from SITS to say hello and off to read more of your GREAT blog I have a lot of catching up to do!!! I am keeping the little girl in our prayers!!! The watches are a wonderful idea and I want to talk about featuring it on blog post…soon!

    Reply
  • March 16, 2010 at 6:57 pm
    Permalink

    Wow! I’ll have to pass this on to my daugher-in-law, so she knows the danger. Prayers going up for the little girl! ~Hugs!

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *