School is officially out for most kids. They are ready to rock and roll with lots of fun things to do! Hanging with friends, having summer parties and visiting all sorts of summer amusement parks. Many are getting ready for summer camp, swimming classes and boating trips with there love ones. Woohoo, so cool ha!!
We must understand that summer is more serious then most of us think! Sometime it can bring on so much drama when we least aspect it to. You see, kids are more susceptible to injuries in the summer due to Theme Park Rides…Boating Accidents…Drownings and more. During this time of summer vacation parents, please make sure your children follow your summer rules and summer precautions.
1) When children are riding the Theme Park rides…. ask questions, ask the operator if the child is secure in his or her seat and make sure all straps are fasten correctly.
2) When swimming make sure all children have a life jacket on……yes, I know they are big and uncomfortable but they help to save lives. Make sure you keep your eyes on them at all time because in a matter of minutes things can change and sometimes it’s not for the good. I’m not trying to scare you I am saying beware of everything that your children are doing and riding.
3) When your child is swimming make sure you keep all eyes on them in the pool and coming out of the pool. Take a look at there face check there stomach for swelling…make sure they are walking up right with out any problems and avoid liquids for a while when coming out of pool. Allow the body to settle down for a moment.
4) During the Hot Days make sure to keep kids in cool clothing and make sure they drink plenty of liquids….mostly water avoid soda, it’s not a great source for the body. Gatorade is a good drink for kids during the hot summer days……helps to restore the electrolytes.
5) Make sure to keep your eyes on the Prize(your kids) many predators will be lurking around playground,neighborhoods, parks..
And one more thing before I let you enjoy your summer…….. For the love of God…..Please, don’t leave your children alone in a hot car as a matter of fact never leave them alone in a car period!
Have A Great